When I saw Oreo-stuffed peanut butter cookies on “The Girl Who Ate Everything” — I knew they were for me. Obviously, anything with peanut butter makes me perk up and who doesn’t love Oreos? Actually, I always order half Oreo, half Reese Cup blizzards when I go to Dairy Queen so obviously these cookies were custom made for me.
There is something therapuetic about the mixer, don’t you think? I love dumping all the ingredients in there and then just blending it all away together — smoothing out the lumps and licking the glorious concoction from the beaters. Two full sticks of better and a whole cup of brown sugar? Give me a spoon!
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 package of regular Oreo cookies
– In the large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, and both sugars until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time.
– In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Slowly stir in flour mixture, 1/3 at a time.
– Preheat oven to 375 degrees & get our your non-stick pan.
– Place 1 tablespoon of cooking dough on top of an Oreo cookie. Place a second tablespoon underneath. You want just enough dough to cover the Oreo so that your chocolate to peanut butter cookie ratio is equal. Gently press the dough down around the Oreo, sealing the cookie dough edges together so that no Oreo shows through.
– Bake for 8-11 minutes, or until cookies have just started to brown around the edges.